Cancer is not just an alarming disease. It is also somewhat a personification of people’s disregard to a healthy lifestyle and proper medical care. According to the World Health Organization, the annual cases of cancer are expected to skyrocket from 14 million in 2012 to 22 million within the next two decades.
The exact reason why an individual has developed cancer is not easily identified, and there are no proven methods to prevent cancer. On a brighter note, a person can always choose to reduce the risk of cancer and continue to live their life to the fullest by choosing a healthy lifestyle. If you have the chance to fight it, then do it before it’s too late.
A Healthy Way of Life Matters
A healthy lifestyle offers nothing but tremendous benefits to your overall health. Though the disease has many possible causes such as genetic factors, environmental choices and harmful chemicals, research shows that lifestyle factors also play a significant role in cancer occurrence and mortality. In fact, experts estimate that 4 in 10 cancer cases could be averted through lifestyle changes.
To lower your chance of developing certain cancers, here are some simple things you can do:
- Consuming a healthy & nourishing diet – make sure you eat a wide range of nutritious foods so you can get the nutrients your body needs. The food and beverages you eat are crucial to your general wellbeing. Some foods such as processed meat could increase your risk of many diseases. Aim to eat fresh fruit and veggies every day. Including vegetables in each meal throughout the day guarantees that you receive the nutrients you need in your diet.
- Maintaining a healthy weight – an overweight person can significantly increase the risk of obtaining cancer as well as heart disease and strokes. If you are overweight, you need to reduce your BMI (Body Mass Index) with a healthy diet that guarantees success. Your Gold Coast Chiropractic practitioner will be able to guide you with information in identifying a healthy weight and the right diet for you.
- Keeping Active – to help you stabilize your weight, exercise regularly. Exercise routines do not have to be vigorous or limited to the gym. You can choose activities you enjoy the most and spend at least 30 minutes a day to receive the best benefit.
- Limiting alcohol intake – while drinking a glass of red wine a day is good for the heart, it can also be a risk factor for cancer. Women and men need to limit their alcohol intake to between one and two units of alcohol per day.
- Stop Smoking – If you smoke today, it’s never too late to stop. This is ultimately the best thing you can do for your health. Cigarette smoke holds about 4,000 chemicals, and some of these compounds are known to be carcinogenic. Quitting smoking can greatly reduce the risk of developing cancer and other health related diseases.
- Knowing your body – observing any changes in your body can be a useful way to detect the early stages of cancer. If there are any suspicious lumps in your breasts or testicles or abnormalities in bodily functions, you must see your doctor at the earliest possible sign.
Gold Coast Chiropractic Care for a Higher Quality of Life
Changing your lifestyle for the betterment of your health might be hard at first. However, allowing the disease to develop in your body without doing anything is even more complicated and debilitating down the road. Lifestyle changes are sure to make a great difference, and your health partners here at Hinterland Chiropractic would always be glad to assist you with your journey. We can help you become your healthiest self and enjoy your life more with your family and loved ones.
Chiropractic care is an all-natural form of health care that uses the most effective treatments needed and promotes healthy living practices that would help your body to heal naturally. For additional comprehensive information about reducing cancer risk and preventing other life-threatening diseases, consult your health experts here at Hinterland Chiropractic. We have been serving families on the Gold Coast for over 18 years from our Nerang location. Call us today on 07 5527 3133 or simply book your appointment online.