Chiropractic corrects spinal abnormalities called vertebral subluxations that result in interference of the nervous system by placing pressure on nerves. Since the nervous system controls all functions of the body, including the immune system, chiropractic care can have a positive effect on immune function.
Children who have regular Chiropractic adjustments have fewer colds, ear infections and flu. “People who receive regular chiropractic adjustments have immune system competency that is 200% greater than those who don’t.” (Dr. Ron Pero. New York Preventative Medicine Institute and Environmental Health at NYU)
Immunity: Here are some helpful hints for boosting your system at any time of year!
- Laugh! The chemicals produced when we are happy are natural immune boosters!
- Eat good food. Not just good tasting food, but real food from natural sources, and try to eat it as close as possible to its natural form. Steaming veggies is a great option which helps to maintain the nutrients in the food!
- Drink water. I know, that’s an easy one, but in winter we tend to ignore the glass of water in favor of a warm comforting tea or coffee.
- Include lemon, garlic and ginger in your food. They are all powerful cleansing agents and can really help get sluggish lymphatic systems moving. In turn, this means a happier immune system!
- Exercise. Not the sweating, can’t breathe and unable to move for days afterwards exercise (unless you really want to of course). Just gentle and regular exercise a few times a week. Walk along the beach, factor in some extra walking time when doing the shopping, park at the opposite end of the car park – you get the picture. Gentle and regular. Easy.
- Maintain your nervous system by sticking to your regular adjustments. Even the best machine in the world fails if the parts can’t communicate effectively. Your body is no different. Without clear pathways from the brain to the cells, organs, muscles and tissues, your body will be more open to the winter nasties.